To transfer the ownership of a motor vehicle or mobile home titled in Florida, our office will need to see the following documents:
- The Florida title properly completed by both the buyer and the seller in its entirety on the “Transfer of Title by Seller” section of title. If a lien is being recorded, the lien holder’s name, their Federal Employer’s Identification number, address, and date of lien are needed. If the lien holder is an individual(s), their driver’s license number and date of birth will be needed, as well as mailing address.
- The purchaser(s) or their power of attorney(s) must be present to sign a new application for title. We will need an original or certified Power of Attorney form. The purchaser(s) and/or their power of attorney will need to produce photo identification such as a driver license, identification card, or passport.
- The purchaser’s name on the title application must match the name on the proof of identification exactly.
- Proof of Florida insurance with the company name, policy number, and 5 digit insurance company code
- If transferring a current license plate, the previous registration or vehicle information such as license plate or decal number will be needed and a disposed of affidavit must be signed.
- Sales tax will be collected on the purchase price of the vehicle as stated on the title.
- We offer a fast title service for an additional fee of $10.00, if the title needs to be printed immediately.
All title transfers may be processed by mail as well. Please contact our office (352) 341-6500 for more information.